Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Before & After: Happy Thanksgiving!!

(Nothing to disclose)

Hello!

As I'm finishing up my prep for tomorrow, I'm trying desperately to get this post out for you, to show you my Thanksgiving mani.

I'm thankful for many things, not the least of which is every one of you reading this post now. Sure, I'd do my nails even if I didn't post them to the blog. But what makes blogging fun and worth  it is the people you meet along the way, and the hope that you're doing something that someone finds inspiration in and enjoys seeing. So thank you for supporting my blog, and for coming to check out my nail art. :)

On to the manicure!

I started out with a fall colors gradient:


Fall colors gradient



Here are the colors I used:

Index: Zoya Darcy/China Glaze Stoked To Be Soaked
Middle: China Glaze Stoked To Be Soaked/Barielle Miami Heat
Ring: Barielle Miami Heat/China Glaze Brownstone
Pinkie: China Glaze Brownstone/China Glaze Call Of The Wild

Left thumb: China Glaze Stoked To Be Soaked/Barielle Miami Heat
Right thumb: Middle: China Glaze Stoked To Be Soaked/Barielle Miami Heat/China Brownstone (I did a three-color gradient on this one,)


Then I stamped some fall leaves on both hands with Bunny Nails HD06, and then stamped a cornucopia on my left hand with Bundle Monster BM H-13, using Sally Hansen Lightning, Orange Impulse, and Barry M Gold Foil:

Fall leaves gradient

Fall leaves gradient


Fall leaves gradient with cornucopia



Which do you like better, with the cornucopia, or without? I think I like it without better, just a little simpler. and I love the play of the colors.  Either way, I love the way the gradient came out!


Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours,
M.

16 comments:

  1. That's a pretty ombre you did here! Love the leaf stamping too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the way it came out. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so stunning! The gradient is perfection and the stamping is so so SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...:) Thank you so much, you made my day!! :)

      Delete
  3. This gradient is just gorgeous!!! Love it! And I like them without the cornucopia, though they still look fabulous with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you thank you! I agree, they just look a little more elegant and clean without it. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you thank you!! It ended up matching the centerpiece at dinner, which was at my friend's house--I had no idea what it was going to look like, so that was pretty cool!

      Delete
  5. Love this combination of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Turkey Day you beautiful babe with beautiful nails! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I love this!! Even though I hate fall (only because it means that winter, brr, is coming), but the colours.. the colours. ♥ This is just too gorgeous!
    Both versions are just great, but on each, I like the design on index fingers the most.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Totally agree with you. I just sat staring at that red silhouette on the yellow/orange thinking 'I need to use that again'. Maybe something with dragons and fire?

      Delete

Make my day--leave me a comment!